Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PureSync

After a year or so of using Microsoft's Synctoy 2.0 for ensuring I always have an up to date synchronised copy of my important data, I finally decided to look for something a bit more flexible.
Synctoy didn't allow for easy changes to the directoris and files that you set up for synch.
To cut a long story short there was a clear contender, namely PureSync from Jumping Bytes.
This is a very powerful and flexible tool, with way more options to really specify how you want to back up / sync your files.
I have three main directories that I sync regularly to ensure minimal data loss in the event of a 'catastrophic failure' eg hard drive fail, theft etc. And so I am only scraping the surface in my use of what PureSync can do, even so, it is far more preferable than SyncToy.
If you are looking for a free sync tool that beats the competition, I would recommend PureSync as the solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment