Friday, July 2, 2010

Google Sync - Outlook 2010

I have found Google's Calendar Sync tool most useful to keep my work outlook calendar synced with my gmail calednar meaning that on my personal and work phones (also synced to google calendar) my scehdule is always up to date with my google calendar and my outlook at work. Google's sync works simply and effectively and helps keep my life organised!
Upon an upgrade at work to office 2010 (from XP) the calendar sync no longer worked. A bit of googling and it seemed to be a simple issue caused by the stamp of the 2010 tag on the app, and there were fixes involving hex editing the exe file which is where i thought .... oh no. Then i found this link: (thanks to james manning!)

Google Calendar Sync with Outlook 2010

This is the way to do it. Install the google tool, then use the updated .exe file and it works perfectly again.
Ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment